Thursday, November 15, 2007

This is my opportunity statement. the statement descripes what kind of enterprise I am developing and what steps I am taking to start the development. It also describes my general goals I have for the boutique and why I am intested in starting a clothing boutique.

Opportunity Statement
After intensive thinking, I’ve decided to start my own clothing boutique. It will be targeted to young, adult women and the clothing will be upscale, but reasonably priced. In order to get started, I plan to take out a loan from the bank. I will get enough money that will support me for the first few months of rent, pay my employees, and pay for merchandise and supplies. Hopefully I will be able to pay the loan off in a few years. Once a month, vendors from all over come together to sell their merchandise to entrepreneurs like me. This is where I will personally choose my merchandise such as clothing, jewelry, and other fashion accessories. My location will be in Newport Rhode Island. I’ve decided on this place not only because I grew up there, but because it’s quite the tourist attraction.
My store is not going to be one from an existing chain of stores. It will be my own entrepreneurship. I chose a clothing boutique because I’ve always been interested in the fashion industry. Something about fashion sparks my interest. I enjoy helping young women chose outfits that they are comfortable in and ones that reflect their personality. When I was younger I worked in a clothing boutique and watched my successful manager take charge or her business. She was sort of my mentor and taught me everything I knew about fashion and how to run my own business.
I would love to be the store every young woman has to go to when they visit. I want the tourist information booths to point the tourists in my direction. I want to be the talk of the town. This is how successful I hope to be. Eventually, I hope that I will make enough of a profit to be financially stable the rest of my life to support my family and me. Someday I may decide to sell my store. It all depends on how successful I am.
Every flourishing, entrepreneurship will face those nagging problems. One I may face is not finding enough employees to hire, or I’ve hired the wrong employees. Another dilemma might be that I’ve failed at marketing to my target market group and didn’t bring in enough business. These are just a few of many problems that I could face in time. Let’s just pray that my boutique will be profitable and booming with business within a couple months of my grand opening.

No comments: